5.30.2009

Hello Polo!

I finally got around with finishing the amigurumi project that I mentioned earlier in the month for my friends birthday. And I did it with only hours to spare! His name is Polo the Platypus! Click here, here and here to see him in his original, yet adorable form. I think he turned out pretty well. There are a few things I'd change, mostly his eyes; I would have liked to have put them slighty lower and I was out of solid black safety eyes which I wanted to originally use. But considering it was my first amigurumi project that I wrote 100% of the pattern, not bad. I tend to take bits and pieces of other patterns to make my own but this time I knew I had to start from stratch. I'm going to try and write up the pattern if anyone wants to give him a whirl.

My Dad also came into the city last night for supper and a bit of shopping. Shopping with my mother consists of clothes shopping, household stuff, that sort of thing. Shopping with my father consisted of a quick stop at Costco for a shelf, looked for an air compressor at Home Depot and he got me a rad storage container at Canadian Tire, that was perfect for all of my little findings - sew on snaps, earring posts and backs, felting needles, etc. Awesome! Now everything is at hands reach.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment