5.19.2009

Screw you Victoria Day. I didn't like you anyway!

Crappy thing about working for an American company in Canada? I have to work Canadian holidays. Bleh. Nothing downtown is open for lunch, the buses run on Sunday schedule and I can't buy yarn! I've been working on a new crocheted amigurumi project based on this little guy (some of you will who he is!) and I think I have most of the pattern worked out. I started a prototype to see if my pattern was going to make sense and so far it's looking great! Now I just need to find the right colours.

In other craftinista news, I've made a new necklace with the polymer clay beads I made a couple of weeks ago and some *upcycled beads from a necklace that my brother bought me in Turkey (I think it was Turkey??) that I tore apart. I'm still unsure if I like it. It's a little on the chunkier side than I am used to. But it's shiny and sparkly so maybe it'll grow on me!


*Family members have started buying me inexpensive bead necklaces when they go overseas. Awesome! And they all know I don't plan on wearing it as is but rather to break it apart and use it for my own stuff.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's sad that the pictures don't move and show off how sparkly those beads really are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. some people would be upset knowing they are buying a gift for someone who is going to tear it apart.....but if its bought for Jennifer its expected :-)

    ReplyDelete