1.22.2011

Mmmm...baked goods.

There is only one thing better than baking banana bread. Eating it. Recently I cleaned out my freezer only to discover that I had a plethora of frozen bananas that I should probably try and get some use out of it. I couldn't decide if I should make banana bread, banana chip cookies or banana nut muffins so I asked my friends via facebook what they thought I should make. Banana bread was the overwhelming winner and I was more than happy to oblige!


Here's my recipe...

Banana Nut Bread

1 cup sugar
1 cup mashed banana
1/4 cup butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
walnuts (optional)


Cream together sugar and banana. When blended add butter. Add eggs, one at a time. Sift together dry ingredients and mix together with banana mixture only until all flour is mixed in. Try not to over mix it. Pour into greased pan and place into 350º pre-heated oven. If you use a mini loaf pan such I did, cook for about 25 minutes. If you use a regular loaf pan, 45-60 minutes will be needed.

I added walnuts on top, although occasionally I will mix in chocolate chips instead.

Enjoy!
 
**** Come visit my new site at www.thecraftinista.com ****

No comments:

Post a Comment