6.02.2009

They aren't what you call "pretty".....

I made a batch of peanut butter cupcakes for the boys and girls at work. I figured it would be a nice thing to do since Thursday will be my last day working with most of them. I've been offered a position at a new company and I've accepted it and I start on Monday! I'm a little nervous but excited at the same time. The only thing that is calming my nerves is that my friend Justin will be in the same training class with me! He and I were actually in the same training class at HP way back in the day - and we're the only two left!

But back to the cupcakes. Like I said, they aren't pretty but they taste good. I was hoping to do a peanut butter chocolate ganache as a frosting but when I got home I discovered I only had unsweetened chocolate in my cupboard. So instead of frosting, I put a miniature Reese peanut butter cup inside of each cupcake. I've been known to use them a lot in my baking. Brownies, cookies, cupcakes, etc. You can never go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. I used a recipe that I found over at allrecipes.com but I altered it slightly. The recipe only called for 1 cup of peanut butter but when I make any peanut butter baked goods, I want them to taste like peanut butter. None of this "hint of peanut butter" crap. So increased it to about 1 1/3 cup instead. That seemed to do the trick. They turned out as yummy as always. Not too sweet, moist and a bit cumbly. Try the recipe out, it's delicious.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment