3.15.2009

Merlin & his dragon

My brother works on a cruise ship and all of his belongings have to be able to fit into two suitcases. This can be rather problematic when it comes time to give gifts. What can you get for someone that has no where to keep it? When I asked him what he would like me to make him, he picked a Corporate Zombie amigurumi from the book Creepy Cute Crochet. I was about half way through the zombie when I realised a flaw with it. I made him with flesh coloured yarn that made him look more Shaun-like (Simon Pegg♥) and less zombie-like and I didn't have the correct colour yarn that looked undead enough for me. Instead, I decided to put the zombie away (although I do intend to finish him as Shaun) and find a different project that was still small enough that it could be tucked away in his suitcase. Then one day while surfing the internet, I came across a pretty cute dino amigurumi pattern that I could make a few adjustments to and turn into a dragon! For years my brother has gone by the name Merlin online so I figured a dragon would go great with Merlin! Plus, I told him that he if didn't like it, I'd be emotionally scared for at least 16 years. The use of Little Sister Guilt is awesome, I might add.


No comments:

Post a Comment